American soccer writing, history & data.
Following the 1914-15 Milwaukee and District Association Football League, the Racine City club was replaced by two teams: Belle City; and Horlick's Racine. The former was a completely new organization while the latter was made up a group of veteran Racine players that had played together for a number of seasons. The seven-team MDAFL would play a double round-robin entirely within the fall seaso...MDAFL Wisconsin
Six teams returned for the 1914-15 season: Caledonians of Milwaukee; MacWhytes of Kenosha; Racine City; St. George's of Milwaukee; Vikings of Milwaukee; and Jeffery from Kenosha. The latter team was the new name of the Kenosha Ramblers as the Thomas B. Jeffery Company changed the branding of their automobiles from Rambler to Jeffery. The Lake Forest, Kenosha Rangers, and Waukegan teams did not ret...MDAFL Wisconsin
In September of 1913, the Milwaukee and District Association Football League admitted three new members: Lake Forest and Waukegan from Illinois; and the MacWhytes. The latter club was sponsored by the Macomber and Whyte Rope Company which had moved to Kenosha in 1912 from Coal City, Ill. The South Milwaukee team did not return from the spring season leaving the league with nine teams. Prior to the...MDAFL Wisconsin
On March 1, 1913, 50 members of the Kenosha Rangers and Ramblers soccer teams and friends of soccer traveled to the Blatz Hotel in Milwaukee to attend a banquet given by the Sons of St. George team. Following the banquet. That afternoon the Milwaukee and District Association Football League was organized. Teams included the Sons of St. George, Caledonians, Pilgrims, and Vikings, all from Milwaukee...
©2022 by Daniel Creel. All rights reserved.